The Collegeville Institute staff was delighted to receive many strong applications for the Communities of Calling Initiative (CCI) from congregations across North America. After much discernment and deliberation, the team chose 14 partner congregations who will join us for the next 5 years of exploring vocation. You can learn more about the churches here.
Stay tuned to the CCI website as congregations start to share about their projects on vocation and what their communities learn about calling in their contexts. You can also sign up for our free e-newsletter, Call & Respond: Your Toolkit for Vocation.
As we start our work together, here’s a snapshot of our cohort:
- Our 14 congregations will travel to Collegeville from 10 states and Canada: Colorado, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, New York, North Carolina, Washington, Wisconsin, and Manitoba, Canada.
- They represent a variety of Christian traditions: congregational, non-denominational, Anglican Church of Canada, Eastern Orthodox, Episcopal, Evangelical Lutheran Church in America, Free Methodist, Roman Catholic, and United Church of Christ.
- Our largest congregation is made up of 10,081 members, while the smallest has 88 members.
- Team members range in age from 26 years old to 70 years old. Each team includes a staff member, lay leader, and pastor.
- Our congregations serve urban, suburban, and rural communities.
- Our oldest congregation was founded in 1847, while the youngest was founded in 2003.