Welcome to the Unlikely Conversations Podcast
We often inhabit spaces in person and online where we only interact with folks who primarily look and think and act and practice faith like we do. Unlikely Conversations is a podcast from the Collegeville Institute that features unique and dynamic interviews with writers, thinkers, scholars and artists affiliated with our programs.
The guests during season two on Unlikely Conversations discuss how writers of faith can use words to change the world. Beginning on Wednesday, October 7, 2020 tune in twice a month to hear host (and Collegeville Institute board member) Ellie Roscher facilitate a lively discussion between writers of faith who are engaged in activism.
In its second season, each episode of the podcast centered on the subject of writing, faith, and justice with alumni guests from our writing workshops.
- October 21, 2020What role do writers have in expanding our imagination for what is possible? And who is tending to the spiritual needs of activists?Read more »
- October 7, 2020In Season 2 of our podcast, listen to activists and writers of faith including Dr. Chanequa Walker-Barnes and Jonathan Wilson-Hartgrove.Read more »
In its first season, each episode of the podcast featured two participants in the Multi-Religious Fellows program at the Collegeville Institute.
- July 15, 2020Our last podcast episode from this season asks: how are sacred stories about complicated women taught differently in Christianity and Judaism?Read more »
- July 1, 2020How do we teach toward curiosity in our religious institutions? How do we build interfaith relationships so when crisis happens we can support each other?Read more »
- June 17, 2020In our latest podcast episode, hear a Hindu-Jewish conversation about how religious communities are gathering, celebrating, and grieving during COVID-19.Read more »
- June 5, 2020In this podcast episode, hear a frank conversation about race between two young faith leaders in the Muslim and Buddist religious communtities.Read more »
- May 20, 2020Our third podcast episode explores the history of multi-religious work with Rabbi Barry D. Cytron and Dr. Marty Stortz.Read more »
- May 6, 2020In the second episode of our podcast, hear a Muslim-Catholic dialogue about faith and action for the common good.Read more »
- April 22, 2020Listen now to the first episode of our new podcast Unlikely Conversations.Read more »
- April 3, 2020Listen now to the trailer for Unlikely Conversations, a new podcast from the Collegeville Institute that explores civil discourse as spiritual practice.Read more »