Who We Are
- Interdisciplinary: We draw from experts in different fields and disciplines—including theology, sociology, psychology, ministry, and education.
- Ecumenical: We bring a variety of Christian traditions and interfaith perspectives to our shared work.
- Collaborative: We gather researchers and practitioners to work together on important issues facing today’s communities of faith.
We hosted four Seminars between 2011 and 2016:
- Vocation and Faith in the Professions
- Vocation across the Lifespan
- Interfaith Perspectives on Vocation
- Integration in Theological Education
Generously funded by a grant from the Lilly Endowment, Inc., the Seminars are a project of the Collegeville Institute, located at Saint John’s University in Collegeville, Minnesota.
What We Do
These resources include:
- Called to Life and Called to Work small group programs on calling for congregations
- Lives Explored video storytelling series on vocation
- Articles on vocation from Bearings Online
- Several books, including:
- Calling All Years Good: Christian Vocation throughout Life’s Seasons, Kathleen A. Cahalan and Bonnie J. Miller-McLemore, eds. (Eerdmans, 2017)
- To Bless Our Callings: Prayers, Poems, and Hymns to Celebrate Vocation, Laura Kelly Fanucci (Wipf & Stock, 2017)
- The Stories We Live: Finding God’s Calling All around Us, Kathleen A. Cahalan (Eerdmans, 2017)
- Integrating Work in Theological Education, Kathleen A. Cahalan, Edward Foley, and Gordon S. Mikoski, eds. (Pickwick Publications, 2017)
- Calling in Today’s World: Voices from Eight Faith Perspectives, Kathleen A. Cahalan and Douglas J. Schuurman, eds. (Eerdmans, 2016)
- Christian Practical Wisdom: What It Is, Why It Matters, Dorothy C. Bass, Kathleen A. Cahalan, Bonnie J. Miller-McLemore, James R. Nieman, and Christian B. Scharen (Eerdmans, 2016)
- Living Your Discipleship: 7 Ways to Express Your Deepest Calling, Kathleen A. Cahalan and Laura Kelly Fanucci (23rd Publications, 2015)