Ash Wednesday is only five weeks away! Need a small group program for your church this Lent?
- Both programs are six weeks long: the perfect length for Lent.
- Their theme of vocation and calling is at the heart of Lent’s invitation to deepen our relationship with God. Who is God calling us to be? What is God calling us to do? Where is God calling us to serve?
- Both Called to Life and Called to Work are newly revised for 2014: every session is now connected to our Lives Explored video story-telling series. Even if your congregation has used our materials in the past, the programs are now updated with new themes on vocation, new Scripture passages, and new questions for discussion and reflection.
- Both programs are free! All materials for facilitators and participants are easily downloaded from our website.
- Anyone can lead these small groups—they do not require a staff leader or trained facilitator, since all guidelines and materials for preparation are found within the Facilitator’s Guide.
- Both Called to Life and Called to Work now include an introductory session on how to listen deeply to ourselves, to others, and to God—an important spiritual practice to explore during the 40 days of Lent.
- Our programs are designed for use with all ages, from teenagers to older adults.
- Exploring questions of vocation is a way to invite your community members to connect their faith with daily life, work and relationships.
- Both programs connect with traditional Lenten practices: praying with lectio divina, fasting from distractions that keep us from exploring the deepest questions of our lives, and caring for the poor by asking how we are each called to serve those in need.
- Called to Life and Called to Work offer opportunities to deepen your spiritual life and build relationships with others in your community. Contact us today to learn how your congregation can explore questions of vocation together this Lent.
Consider how your congregation can enter into Lent’s season of preparation and reflection through Called to Life or Called to Work. Both programs are the perfect fit for any community or group looking to deepen their relationship with God this Lent.