Prayers, Poems, and Hymns to Celebrate Vocation
Laura Kelly Fanucci (Wipf & Stock, July 2017)
- Part I: Ages and Stages gathers prayers for children, teens, young adults, and adults in mid-life, later and older adulthood
- Part II: Work and Profession offers blessings for traditional professions and overlooked occupations—from nurses to truck drivers, janitors to lawyers, salespeople to stay-at-home parents
- Part III and Part IV: Seasons of the Church Year and Celebrations of the Calendar Year highlight times to preach and pray about vocation throughout the year
- Over 200 prayers and hymns from Episcopal, Lutheran, Methodist, Presbyterian, Catholic, and non-denominational traditions
To Bless Our Callings is a perfect resource for catechists, musicians, worship leaders, spiritual directors, retreat leaders, campus ministers, and chaplains.
Laura Fanucci’s book is a theological, spiritual, and liturgical gem. Filled with insight into how callings relate to the stages of life, paid and unpaid work and the professions, and the liturgical year, it provides a comprehensive and eminently usable resource for pastors, religious leaders, and anyone who wants to relate their faith to every aspect of human life.
– Douglas Schuurman, Professor of Religion at St. Olaf College and author of Vocation: Discerning Our Callings in Life (Wm. B. Eerdmans Pub., 2003)
Meet the Author
Laura Kelly Fanucci is the author of the Called to Life and Called to Work curricula for small groups. She is also the author of Everyday Sacrament: The Messy Grace of Parenting (Liturgical Press, 2014) and the co-author of Living Your Discipleship: 7 Ways to Express Your Deepest Calling (Twenty-Third Publications, 2015). She serves as the Research Associate for the Collegeville Institute Seminars, an ecumenical, interdisciplinary, collaborative research project at the Collegeville Institute, funded by Lilly Endowment, Inc.